Search This Blog

Friday 15 June 2012

Barbie World

*This post isn't first hand beauty or fashion, but hopefully you enjoy the beauty of the photographs. These pictures are amazing, I had to share them with you, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

I am a huge fan of fairy tales. As we all know from growing up, fairy tales are illusively beautiful. Something which captures the heart and imagination in a very naive and innocent way. However, through many reworkings, I have been able to channel a different understanding of fairy tales evoking a humorous and grusome outcomes through the likes of the Grimm Brothers to Angela Carter.

Dina Goldstein, a Vancouver based photographer reworked the classic fairy tales into still images, with a very 21st century outlook on the princesses lives. After winning many awards for her work, she has come back to recreate the different life to Barbie and Ken. The most beautiful couple in the world!

'In The Doll House' displays the less than perfect life of Barbie and Ken. With Ken 'grappling' with his sexuality in their love-less marriage, struggling with his position in the household and faces his lack of authenticity.




The beautiful Dina Goldstein who created these amazing images


I personally love these images, and how beautiful the setting has been created. We all know how amazing Barbie is, she even recently her own make-up feature for MAC ! How amazing do the models look !? Especially B with her pink Hermes ! I hope you enjoy the pictures, cue the pink lipstick.

D x 




3 comments:

  1. Ah, Barbie. Brings back those happy memories. :D
    These pictures are great, that woman sure has creativity! And Barbie's awesome, she's over 50 years old, and she still looks gorgeous, I'm so jealous! xP
    I'm following you now .:D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Kisses from Serbia! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us these photos they are amazing! Everyone loves Barbie! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you're blog, dear. I follow u, hope u follow back :)

    A lot of kisses, honey.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Hey lovelies , I hope you enjoyed reading this , feel free to leave your thoughts & don't forget to follow/subscribe - it's free :)