Search This Blog

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Your Majesty

As all us Brits know, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee will be taking place in a matter of days. We have all been bomb-barded with our British Union Jack flag from the traditional bunting and table settings to the re-rendition of the iconic Geri Halliwell dress. Although leading up to this one time  party, event, were the Queen grants our street parties acceptable - she's a wild one, it is a little too early to be parading around like a chewed up patriot. But here is a little way to express our love for the Queen, her country and this traditional British summer weather we are all basking (BBQ'ing) in.



Barry M Bright Red 262 , £2.99, Miss Sporty in a royal blue £1.99, Models Own Indian Ocean £5.00

I used the red Barry M as a foundation and went over it with the Miss Sporty blue. On the accent finger I chose to do a quarter of the Union Jack, as my nails are small and it was extremely fiddly to complete the full flag on the nail , let alone to do a set of 10. I went over the accent finger in Indian Ocean by Models Own to give it a glossy shimmer. I'm not going to lie, but as soon as this chips - I will NOT be re-doing it. I jumped in Queen's head first. This was one of my most difficult nail designs - I am not a nail technician so forgive them for not being perfect. I'd definitely suggest using nail wraps instead for the Jubilee.

Has anybody else done anything patriotic for the Jubilee?

D x

7 comments:

  1. Well I had to jump over and see your design now didn't I! :)

    I really like it, they're much neater than mine, you have longer nails than me (that isn't difficult) so you can pull it off much better :)

    I really like!

    Amy x
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s I have tried to follow you but Google won't play along. I'll re-try later or tomorrow :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting and visiting my blog! Like yours too! How about following each other on bloglovin and gfc? Let me know once you do, that way I’ll follow you back! Waiting for you!

    Have a nice day, xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect nails!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good on you for trying, they look fab and hell of a lot better then I'm sure most of us could do! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hey lovelies , I hope you enjoyed reading this , feel free to leave your thoughts & don't forget to follow/subscribe - it's free :)